James and I are so fortunate to have our 3 Bundles of Joy! Visit my blog often to see our everyday adventures!






Saturday, January 30, 2010

Strawberry Cobbler

I can't remember who I was talking to, but we were talking about how "older" people (like grandmas) ALWAYS seem to have all the ingredients on hand to bake a cake. Well, I remembered that we had put some strawberries in the freezer over the summer. I thawed them, then found a simple recipe on the Internet--couldn't believe I had all the ingredients!--and 20 minutes later we had strawberry cobbler. James's comment was, "You wouldn't like it..." which usually means it is AWESOME! Here is the recipe I used:

Ingredients
1 qt. strawberries fresh or frozen
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 stick butter
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
Directions
small sauce pan add berries and 1/2 cup sugar cover and simmer until berries are soft.
In a 2 qt. casserole oven dish melt whole stick butter .Whisk in sugar ,flour, milk until mixture is smooth.
slowly pour in pot of berries in the center of casserole dish full of mixture. DO NOT STIR ,DO NOT blend in any way! carefully place in 350 degree preheated oven until golden brown. serve with ice cream
Doesn't look very good in this picture, but I am about to try it...I don't really like any fruit cobblers except peach.

On another note...this is what happens when you don't have anything else to do....you put stickers all over the walls!



No comments: