It has been so long since I've blogged. With the ease and availability of Facebook, I usually post stuff there. However, I know some of my "followers" are not Facebook users. So, let me update. It was around November since I last posted (I think)...
Melanie: School is good. It has taken some getting used to being at a new school and around kids of a more mature age. But, I am finding that they are sometimes not much more mature than the children at an elementary school. I am enjoying working with the classes that come to the library for research, and I try to leave the techo stuff to the other librarian who likes doing that part. The American Library Association has just decided that we are no longer "media specialists;" we are back to being "school librarians."--suits me...no one knew what a media specialist was anyway.
James: James's year is going good. He has lots of good stories to tell about what goes on at his school. People never cease to amaze us! He will officially has his Ed.S (Education Specialist) at the end of this semester (pay raise!!!), but he still has a ways to go to get his Ph.D. I remember a time when I wanted to get my Ph.D. I think I will just live vicariously through him...I have decided that I don't really like school as much as I used to!!! Anyway, the principal job at his school is open again, and he has an interview on Jan. 29 at 9am. Please pray that the Lord will help those who interview make the right decision...there are pros and cons to being a principal when you have a young family like ours. We hope and pray that if James is or is not selected it will be His will for him and our family.
Jaylin: If you know Jaylin very well, you know that she is super active and is very excitable. She (and Jillian, too) got "everything I ever wanted" for Christmas. They asked Santa for an iPod Touch, and Santa came through with flying colors. If Santa had his way they would have had one last year. Thank goodness Mrs. Santa prevailed on that one!!! They both also got bikes, digital cameras, money...hmmm....no "toys." My babies are growing up! Her latest report card was an improvement. She made all A's and 1 B this time. Last time she had 2 B's and was devastated (mostly because Jillian made all A's). After a long talk about how it is up to her to decide if she is really doing her best, she pulled her B in Language Arts (MY SUBJECT!!!) up to an A. We are still working on math. Her scores on PASS were good. She "met" grade level for everything, but she was "exemplary" in writing (which just thrills me!). Today, she was selected as a "Terrific Kid" for the month of January by her teacher (sponsored by the Spartanburg Kawanis Club). This makes the 4th time being selected!
Jillian: Just like Jaylin, Jillian had an awesome Christmas. She also got an iPod Touch, a digital camera, a bike, and money for clothes. She was taking guitar lessons, but, after one semester, she has decided guitar was not what she thought it would be. Neither of them will be taking piano or guitar in the spring. They are both playing basketball for our church right now (Jaylin will be playing softball soon--Jillian is going to play golf, I think). Jillian made all A's the first nine weeks, but her math grade dropped to a B for the second nine weeks (this really surprises me--she's good at math!). She scored "exemplary" in all areas of PASS. She has also been selected to be tested for Atlas which is the gifted and talented program in the school district they attend. She really is a smart girl, but she could apply herself a little better. I try to compliment her as much as I can because that seems to motivate her, but at some point she's going to have to have some self-motiviation! She loves to read (like her mommy!), but she will deny it.
My sweet girls will soon be 10 years old!!! Where has the time gone?
Graycin: Graycin loves going to day care. She loves her teachers, and she is really smart. She can say her alphabet and count to about 12 before she starts repeating numbers. She loves to sing, ride on her rocking horse "Feathers," talk on the phone, play dress up, cook in her kitchen, and so many other things. We are in the process of weaning her from the pacifier. She loooooves that paci. She only gets it at naptime and bedtime now. Her favorite movie is "Horton Hears a Who," and she loves Dora the Explorer (despite me trying to keep her from watching it!), the Wonder Pets, Blue's Clues, Yo Gabba Gabba, and Ni Hao Ki-Lan. She is very culturally diverse! LOL! She has an awesome imagination, too! For weeks after Christmas she would pretend to give us gifts, asking us if we like the gift, and then ask us to give her one. It was really comical! She is quite a girl! Next is potty training, but we may have to hold off on that one until summer time. Just this week she has begun hitting other children in day care (IT'S SELF DEFENSE I TELL YA!!), and I am surprised it is just now happening. She used to hit Jillian and Jaylin all the time, and I figured she would do it at day care, too. Most of the children in her class are only children in their families, so they are SPOILED and MEAN!!!! I have witnessed some of the hitting and smacking they do when I pick up Graycin. It is very hard not to pop their little butts when I see them being bad...I just have to walk away.
We are getting ready to remodel our house a little. We are going to "rearrange" our kitchen and put down hardwood flooring in the kitchen and our bedroom. I am soooo excited.
Well, this blog entry is super long...if you are still reading you must really love me!!! LOL! Maybe I won't wait so long next time. I plan to post some pictures, soon, too.
One last thing...some people close to James and me have recently found out they have cancer or they have a family member who has cancer. There is a 2 year old who is recovering from having a brain tumor removed (this family lives in Spartanburg Co.). We don't know this child, but we have heard about her and have added her and her family to our prayer list. I know you probably already do, but please pray for peace and healing not only for those close to you, but for everyone this disease has affected.
No comments:
Post a Comment