James and I are so fortunate to have our 3 Bundles of Joy! Visit my blog often to see our everyday adventures!
Monday, January 16, 2012
I've Got Some Catching Up To Do
It has been so long since I have chronicled the lives of the Dillard family. We have had Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year celebrations since my last post. I will briefly update (with pictures and video, of course) each of those things and throw in a few other things as well.
October
Halloween came to haunt us this year. It fell on a Monday, and our neighborhood always has a hayride and "party" for the kids. The Dillard children did not get invited this year. Everyone we talked to received an invitation in their mailboxes except us--even people without children. Yes, it could have blown away (there were some windy days), but, chances are, our children were being "punished" because James and I don't exactly see eye to eye with some of the neighbors here. But, to single out our children is a low blow. We had fun any way trick-or-treating without them! Here are a few pictures.
I just like this picture.
This is one of my favorite pictures. Many of you have seen it...it was our Christmas card picture.
In October, Jaylin was recognized for showing good character at her school. The word was responsibility.
November
The highlight of our month was getting together with our families and friends for plenty of food and fellowship at Thanksgiving (and for the USC-Clemson game the weekend after!)
We spent Thanksgiving Eve with James' family.
Graycin and Cole
Not many people see Jillian acting silly like this...she's always so quiet and reserved.
Reece and Graycin--best buds!
And Thanksgiving Day with my family. Jillian and Jaylin were there, but we didn't get any pictures of them. Graycin had the camera most of the time.
Aunt Lori's side of the family.
My side of the family.
It's me!
Paw-Paw...Graycin took all of these pictures, by the way!
Uncle Kevin
Aunt Lori
Uncle Keith
I guess someone got the camera from G long enough to get her picture.
Lindsey's dad, Jim
James
Lori's dad, Grady, and her brother, Michael.
Michael's wife
Lindsey's mom, Laura
Lindsey
Maw-Maw
Lori's mom, Margaret, and sweet neice.
USC-Clemson Game November 26, 2011
Gamecocks Rock!
34-13
James and I went to Columbia to tailgate with Keith and Lindsey and Lindsey's mom, Laura, and her fabulous tailgating crew. Mama and Daddy went, too. It was cool because not too far down the way was Uncle Marion, Aunt Jo, Peggy and Andy, and Wylie and Stefanie (and the kids) and their tailgating crew. It was a great time! James got a ticket from one of Keith's friends so he got to go in to see the game. The coolest thing was that the Columbia FOX affiliate chose Laura's tailgate (the Road Warriors) as the "Ultimate Tailgate." You can find the video on YouTube. I can't post it here because it would be a copyright violation. Google could pull my blog for that, so....go to YouTube and search for Tyler's Travels The Ultimate Tailgate Search Clemson or click here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0HeRg79ing .
I took this picture while they were filming for the "Ultimate Tailgate."
Divided--but in a loving way!! LOL!
Keith, Daddy, and Mama
December
We always have lots of activities in December. The girls have recitals, choral concerts, school programs, and we have work parties, and then family get togethers. By the time Christmas gets here we are so exhausted! It has been a good year though.
Graycin asked to get her ears pierced way before the holidays, but I just couldn't handle it...I mean my baby getting her ears pierced? She wouldn't be a little baby anymore. But, she asked again, and we went after The Bill Drake Festival one Sunday, then we went to see Santa. Here are some pictures.
Just before the "BAM!"
Let the crying begin--both Graycin and Mommy!
Afterward...to see Santa we go...
Jillian started off the real fun of December with her piano recital which was the same night as James' work party. So, she went 2nd and we skedaddled out of there to make it to the next event. She played "Lean on Me" and some other Christmas songs. Listen...
Jillian at Converse right after her piano recital.
Then, Graycin had her Christmas program at Bethel. She was a hoot! These were the 4 and 5 year olds. I have a video below that I recorded with my phone, but the funniest video is on our camcorder. I will have to convert it so I can put it on here.
Graycin and two of her closest friends!
Jaylin entered the Young Artists competition at her school. She didn't win the top prize (performing at the District "December Song" showcase), but she did get to sing for her school right before Christmas break.
Finally, Christmas pictures.
The Stephensons and Dillards (and a Campbell, too) 2011
James playing with Graycin's present from Uncle Keith and Lindsey.
Evidence that my brother plays with Barbies! Hehehe!
Keith and Lindsey
Cole
Cristin
The Dillard Family
Playing a little basketball before eating lunch and opening presents!
Having a little fun with the Dillards!
Jason
Jordan
Jimmy and Jane, aka Nana and Pa
Reese
Well, this has to be the LONGEST post ever! Thanks for continuing to read to the end.
Oh, I almost forgot...Jaylin and Jillian both made the principal's honor roll for the 2nd nine weeks. They were rewarded with a trip to Kanpai (Japanese) by the school. So, they now like Japanese food---it's about time!
Hugs and Kisses!
No comments:
Post a Comment