Yes, I really mean poop. We are trying to get Graycin ready for kindergarten--it's never too early to start. We are trying to teach her that she must wipe herself when she poops. She was very resistant at first, so we backed off. Then, we decided to try again. This time she has really tried hard to do it herself, and we come behind her (literally!! LOL!) to make sure she got it all. She gets so excited when she gets it clean all by herself! I really am feeling like I don't have a baby anymore. She is so ready to start reading. She wants to spell everything. She writes letters like they are words and says, "What does that spell, Mommy?" Most of the time it is something like, "trlkms." I tell her that I don't know that word. She knows how to write all of her letters, upper and lower case but has trouble with b and d. She can count to 20 without making any mistakes, and she can write her numbers, but she mixes up 6 and 9. She is ready for Halloween, too. She is planning to be a cowgirl. She has the cutest outfit! A teacher at my school gave her some pink "cowgirl" (NOT COWBOY!) boots to go with it. I can't wait to post pictures. This is the last year for trick-or-treating for Jaylin and Jillian. Jaylin is going to dress up as a witch. No make up or costume really. Just a witches hat. Not sure about Jillian yet. She wants to be a witch, too, I think. James and I are trying to gain some financial peace with Dave Ramsey. Man, it is tough!!
Jaylin was picked as 6th grade "Citizen of the Month" at her school. The character word that she demonstrated was "responsibility." She said she picked up cans in the school yard one day after everyone just walked off and left them. Someone saw her do it, so she was named a good citizen. We will get to eat breakfast with her one day at school, and she will get a certificate or something. Yay, Jaylin!
Both girls are playing softball, and boy can they hit! They need to practice their running, but I am so proud of them!
Doot, doot,doot,dooooot, now, what you've all been waiting for...
More "Mommy, Did You Know?"
- Did you know that worms and snakes have eyes?
- Did you know that cowgirls and cowboys can ride the same horse?
- Did you know that owls have green eyes so they can see at night?
- Did you know that inside your body there’s a skeleton?
- Me: Yes, I did. How did you know that?
- G: Because I learned it in preschool.
- Me: Oh, you go to preschool now?
- G: Yes. My teacher’s name is Miss Vivechy (sp??). (Now, I have no idea who this Miss Vivechy is…there is no one at her daycare by that name! This girl is a hoot!)
No comments:
Post a Comment