James and I are so fortunate to have our 3 Bundles of Joy! Visit my blog often to see our everyday adventures!






Saturday, October 16, 2010

What Have YOU Done Lately? (3rd Time Posting...Sorry)

Old Kitchen



















New Countertops














New Kitchen





















New Dining Room....lost the before pics....OOPS!














(I hate Blogger!!! It won't let you cut and paste, so the words are at the bottom!!!)
It seems as if we are always getting into something here at the Dillard house. Since school is back in session, we are in full swing--going and doing all the time. James has classes two nights a week, Jillian and Jaylin have piano and guitar one night a week, Friday nights are taken up with football, Saturdays are football, too, unless we have something else to attend. Cleaning up the house and washing clothes gets squeezed in on Sundays after church...see? it's always something.

Just to update on the kiddos--
Graycin is doing well. Her day care went to the pumpkin patch last week. She picked out a cute pumpkin. We can't wait to decorate it and put it out on the porch. She is brushing her teeth with REAL toothpaste now (Buzz and Woody toothpaste). She was using training toothpaste, but James bought the real stuff, so I had to teach her how to spit. She is a pro now. You should see her brushing!!!
Jillian and Jaylin have been having a somewhat difficult time getting used to 5th grade. Math has been the toughest for Jaylin, but I am "re-teaching" what she learns and giving her one on one time, and it is helping. She has an A now (up from a C a few weeks ago!). She has all A's right now. Jillian is doing great in math (103 average!!! YOU GO GIRL!) and language arts (that's my girl!)--A's in both subjects; She has a B in both science and social studies. I can't figure it out (neither science or social studies were my favorite in school).
Today they sang with the Singing Panthers (their school choir) at the Indian Summer Festival in Pacolet. They also played their recorders. I am going to post pictures. They did a great job.
After the Indian Summer Festival, we met our friend Kelly (of Kelly Bailey Photography) for a fall photo shoot of the girls at Cleveland Park. We had fun. I can't wait to see the pictures. I took a few while we were there, but they won't compare to Kelly's. (I've been promising pictures of our house remodel/redecorate. I will post those as well.)

We are skipping church tomorrow (heathens, I know ;0> ) to take the girls to Carowinds. It will be Graycin's first time. Not sure if she will ride anything or not. I am glad she is going because I won't have to ride the big rides!! I like riding the rides, but not at Carowinds--I like Disney World's rides much better!

Halloween is upon us, so I will have more pictures to post of that, too. Graycin and Jaylin are both going to be ladybugs. Jillian is going to be a rock star (her costume is a Lady Gaga dress, but we are trying to forget that part).

Enjoy the pictures!

No comments: