My how time flies. I can hardly believe that my baby is 11 months old today. Here is an update...I posted pictures yesterday of her eating spaghetti, but she eats almost anything we give her. I don't think there is one thing that she really likes more than anything else though. She eats creamed potatoes, rice, gravy, macaroni and cheese, ham, turkey, chicken, green beans (but I think they upset her tummy), cheese, goldfish, graham crackers, meatloaf (only had it once), grits, eggs (we don't give her these alot), peaches (if she's in the mood), cantalopue, watermelon, pears, bananas (but they make her spit up), and, of course, Cheerios. I tried to give her some whole milk yesterday, but she spit it out. I ended up mixing it with breast milk. I guess it isn't as sweet as breast milk. Who knows? Anyway...she knows where her head is and where her tongue is (thanks to Jaylin sticking her tongue out at her all the time). We are working on finding her nose, but I think she thinks we are saying no when we say, "Where is your nose?" She knows "Patty-Cake," "The Itsy-Bitsy Spider, and we are working on "I'm a Little Teapot" and "Ring Around the Rosey." She helps me put clothes in the washer, puts her stinky diapers in a bag, and she really likes putting toilet paper in the toilet. When I change her diaper, I count to 10 so hopefully she's learning some numbers. It's the only way I can get her to be still long enough to change her diaper. We watch an Elmo video where he raps the letters of the alphabet. She dances when we play it. Once again, hopefully she is learning the letters. She is also walking very well! She gets wherever she wants to go now--and when we put the gate on the stairs or close a door on her---OH MY THE FIT SHE PITCHES! I have told Jillian and Jaylin to clap for her when she is having a tantrum. She stops and looks at them like, "What are you clapping about? I am having a tantrum here!!!"
I just realized that I need to get started planning a birthday party for her. We will be at the beach the week I need to send out invitations, so I have got to get on the ball.
More later...
1 comment:
Hi James, Melanie, Jaylin, Jillian, and Gracin. I can't believe Gracin is already 11 months old! I would love to be added to Melanie's list so I know when to check the blog for new things. My email address is jordantpretty@yahoo.com.
Ilove you all,
Cousin Jordan :-)
Post a Comment