At our house this week we are getting ready for Relay for Life. For those of you unaware of what RFL is---it is a huge fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. James and I have been involved with RFL in Sptg for five years now. He and I both have lost loved ones to cancer, and my daddy is a survivor (almost 3 years now)! We are on the RFL Committee for Sptg, and we both have been team captains in the past for our schools. If you want more info. about RFL in Sptg, go to http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RelayForLifeSouthAtlanticDivision?pg=entry&fr_id=8623
Other news:
Jillian learned this week that her artwork was chosen to be in the District 3 Art Show at the Chapman Cultural Center. To me this is a great honor. I am very proud of her. Her artwork will be displayed at CCC during May and June. She also has her second piano recital this month. She is really coming along with her playing. She's pretty good for an 8 year old!
Jaylin has signed up for her second summer at tennis camp. This summer she will only attend half-day camp. She said last year it was way too hot to spend the entire day playing tennis. I'm just glad she is doing something like that. I am kinda living vicariously through my kids. I would have never gone out to play tennis. I was too self-conscious!
Both girls are doing very good in school. We are very proud of their accomplishments this school year. Those of you who are in education will know about MAP testing. Both girls met their target goals this year. They are both great in math, spelling, reading, and (unbelieveably) they enjoy science (I always hated science)!
Little Miss Graycin is coming along, too. She is nine months old now (May 1), and she is crusing the furniture. She lets go and takes 4 or 5 steps and falls down. We are constantly amazed at her early progress. J and J enjoy watching her grow and learn. She has two teeth now, too. I am still nursing, but if she continues to use those two little razor-sharp teeth on me, I won't be nursing much longer. She almost brought me to tears on Sunday!!! She has been a joy for all of us. We are anxiously awaiting summertime to see what she will do in the pool. We bought her a float Sunday that will keep her out of the sun and a bathing suit. We are so excited!!!
I will be taking some mini courses this summer, but I plan to spend most of the summer by the pool. James will be working for the month of June, but we will be by the pool during July.
More later...
No comments:
Post a Comment