James and I are so fortunate to have our 3 Bundles of Joy! Visit my blog often to see our everyday adventures!






Monday, August 22, 2011

New Year, Fresh Start, Great Beginning!

We are one week into a new school year, and everything seems to be going great!  The most important thing is my "New School Year's Resolution."  I have resolved to get my butt out of bed on time, so I can get to work on time.  See, I am lucky because I don't have to be at work until 8:00 because I stay late every day.  Most people have to be there by 7:40 which I would NEVER make (mainly because I can't drop the older girls off until 7:00 then the 25 minute drive to daycare and the 8 minutes it takes me to get G into daycare and then back to the car, then the 20 minute drive to school!).  Whew!  Anyway, I have gotten up by 5:30 every morning so far.  I have only been late one day, but, in my defense, it wasn't my fault.  There is one traffic cop at our school who really doesn't know how to direct traffic.  I could strangle her.  She was the reason I was late.  At any rate, I've been on time.  I'm proud of me!  LOL!
Jillian and Jaylin seem to really like middle school.  Over the summer, they were both obsessed with the fact that they would have a locker.  I think the thrill has worn off of that.  James and I are enjoying middle school so far b/c there hasn't been much homework.  Jillian is taking German and chorus this semester, and Jaylin has PE and chorus.  They are both in Atlas classes (D3's version of gifted and talented) for math and language arts which means they are in classes all day together (small school!!) except for PE and German.  Both girls are playing softball in the fall this year in addition to having Music Atlas afterschool one day a week and piano and guitar one day a week.  Yes, we are very busy, but if we weren't we wouldn't be happy. 
Graycin is in the 4 year old class at daycare this year.  She thinks she will be in the 5 year old class at daycare next year (they have a kindergarten class there), and she's told me she can't wait to be in that class (I don't know why).  I haven't had the heart to break it to her yet that she will be attending "real" school when she's 5.  I hate that she is growing up, and I tell her all the time that I didn't want her to turn 4 and I really don't want her to turn 5.  She takes gymnastics one day a week at daycare (thank goodness they come there!!) and seems to love it. This is a picture from Day 2...Day 1 was not so good.  She refused to let me take a picture of her! 
I am working on a video of her birthday party.  I will post it as soon as it is done.  Until next time...love to you all!

1 comment:

kay g said...

Love your blog...can't believe the girls are growing up so fast...