Here are some basketball pics. Jillian is #10 and Jaylin is #1. Of course we have to get a picture in of the little cheerleader!
During spring break we attended the FCA High School Retreat at Garden City. We have been doing this for many years now. It is a great way to get back in touch with God and see how He works in the lives of our youth. Here are a few pictures from that.
The next big exciting thing was the girls birthday. They turned 11 this year. They had a "Super Dance Party" with all their friends. James was the DJ (a job he enjoyed thoroughly, I might add). We had a disco ball and everything. The girls had a great time. I don't have any pictures of that event though. I am putting together a little movie that I will add soon (of course, my "soon" may not really be soon to some people!!).
In March, the both of the girls were recognized by the school district (along with some other girls and boys) as Duke TIP scholars. (From the Duke TIP website) Duke TIP identifies gifted children and provides resources to nurture the development of these exceptionally bright youngsters. So, we were thrilled (the girls, however, don't even know what it is really!!).
Now we are in softball season. Jillian isn't playing this year (James hit her in the face--accidentally--with a softball before the first ever practice last season, and she hasn't wanted to play since).
So, softball, piano, and guitar (and soon, Graycin's swimming lessons) are consuming our time. I will be glad when summer gets here so we can do what we want to do without worrying about work!!
I also want to share some Easter pictures...
Jillian and Jaylin will be "graduating" from 5th grade (headed to middle school next year) at the end of May. I guess I will be posting some pictures about that.
Love and Hugs!
Happy Spring!






No comments:
Post a Comment