James and I are so fortunate to have our 3 Bundles of Joy! Visit my blog often to see our everyday adventures!






Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

James and I went to a cookout in Woodruff with some friends on Sunday evening, and, on the way home, we were hit by a car that ran a red light. It wasn't a yellow light turning red. Her light was red before she ever reached the intersection. I don't know what she was doing that she didn't see the light, but I hope she wasn't texting or talking on the phone or something. The woman is 24 years old and pregnant. No one would tell me the status of her condition. I hope she is alright. Before she hit us, I tried to swerve to the right, but she hit the front quarter panel (I guess that is what you call it). I could see that I was going to hit the telephone poles at the corner of the intersection, and I was trying so hard to steer clear of them, but I hit the box that controls the traffic lights. I was noticing that I "took out" lots of political signs, too. I am sure some people probably appreciate that! James and I both are sore and bruised. My right knee is really banged up, and my left shoulder and collar bone are really sore, too. James has some bruises on his stomach and his side, and his right arm is really hurting. I think we will be fine in a few days. Our car, however, has seen better days. We've only had it 2 months. I've never been in an accident this bad before. It was difficult to sleep last night (this morning--we didn't get home until 4 am). Everytime I closed my eyes, I could see that car hitting us. The Lord was with us. With today being Memorial Day, we couldn't get anything taken care of. James and I will be staying home from work tomorrow to try to get all the insurance stuff taken care of and get all of our stuff out of the car. Before we went to the cookout, I had gone to JC Penney and bought my Christmas present (James got me a comforter, and I took it back, and I have been waiting to find one I liked). It was in the back of the van.









1 comment:

The Kinard family said...

So glad y'all are okay!!!!!