James and I are so fortunate to have our 3 Bundles of Joy! Visit my blog often to see our everyday adventures!






Thursday, August 20, 2009

Back to School

Wow, have we had a crazy week since last Thursday. While I was in a county-wide meeting, the daycare called and said I had to come get Graycin because she was sick. Turns out she had a stomach virus! Yucko! Then, Jillian came downstairs on Sunday night at 10:30 with a 103 degree temp. She had strep throat, but we didn't find out until Monday afternoon. She missed her first day of 4th grade!!! Luckily, my inlaws were available to take care of the kids! Thanks so much Nana and Pa!!! Nana took Graycin to the doctor on Friday, and she took Jillian to the doctor on Monday! Not to mention she waited for a couple of hours at the pharmacy to pick up the prescription for Jillian. What a great help! It kept me from taking a day off work and getting docked for it. But, now, all the kids are better, and we have officially started the school year. Things are great at my new school. I am enjoying having another media specialist to work with, but I do miss my friends at my old school.

I think both girls are going to enjoy their fourth grade year. Their teachers seem to work really well together and seem to enjoy what they do. Jaylin will be starting piano lessons soon, and Jillian has tentative plans to play guitar instead of piano. They are both planning to do synchronized swimming starting in October. I can't wait to see that!!! Graycin is learning so much in daycare. She has learned the letters H thru X so far and words that go with them (she didn't start daycare until they had gotten to the letter H). You should hear her say 'kangaroo.' It is so funny. She saw some birds in the sky this evening and started counting 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. It was too cute. She has also started saying a few complete sentences. Today when I picked her up she said, "I miss you Mommy." That is usually what I tell her when I pick her up each day (I missed you today.). She is really smart and so much fun (unless you want to brush her teeth at 6:30 in the morning!!!!LOL!~). Her favorite books right now are Llama, Llama Red Pajama and Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
I will post some pictures of the girls first days of school very soon.

No comments: