James and I are so fortunate to have our 3 Bundles of Joy! Visit my blog often to see our everyday adventures!






Saturday, August 2, 2008

Vacations, Birthdays and More Birthdays...

Wow, it's been a while since I last wrote. It was July 15th--Keith and Kevin's birthday. Since then, Mama has had a birthday (July 29). We went to Chester on Tuesday and had lunch with her. She fixed corn, okra, biscuits, macaroni and cheese, cantaloupe, watermelon, tomatoes, and cucumbers (and she bought some chicken tenders from KFC mostly b/c my two don't eat any of that stuff). Then we went to Pineville shopping. Graycin's birthday was Friday, August 1. We had cupcakes and ice cream after supper. She enjoyed her first bite of birthday cupcake, but she wasn't really crazy about it. Then, James and I gave her our gift (a ride-on toy which she would rather push than ride). Jillian and Jaylin bought her Elmo and Abby dolls. She squealed with delight when she saw them. I have posted some pictures below. Her bday party is today (Aug. 2). We are having an Abby Cadabby party (from Sesame Street). I will post more pictures after today. My birthday will be Monday (Aug. 4). Before you know it, it will be September and James will have a birthday (Sept. 1), and Daddy will, too (Sept. 9).
Since I last wrote, we have also been to the beach. We went to Myrtle Beach and stayed at Springmaid Resort (RESORT--that's a joke--when I think of a resort, Springmaid doesn't come to mind!!) James had to go to a conference all week, so we decided to try to squeeze in a little vacation at the same time. WE'LL NEVER EVER DO THAT AGAIN!!! It wasn't that it was bad, but he was never there! If it hadn't been for Mama and Daddy going with us I would be insane right now for sure! Graycin didn't like the beach at all. She cried as soon as we put her feet on the sand. She didn't like the water either. Come to think of it, she didn't like anything that day. She was probably tired from our trip. We tried to do lots of things with J&J--we went to the new Hard Rock Amusement Park (everyone needs to go and ride the Led Zeppelin ride--it is awesome!!!), and we went to Myrtle Waves. Thankfully Mama, was there to keep Graycin while we had fun. Mama and I took them all shopping one day (for school clothes). Then, before we knew it our vacation was over. I did enjoy going to the beach with Jaylin (she loves looking for shells and playing in the sand), and swimming in the pools with Jillian (she's not a beach lover!). Graycin eventually did get into the pool with me--and she didn't even cry! I am going to post a few pictures from our "vacation," too.
Until next time...

No comments: